Friday 5 — 12.23.2016
- Do you have 49 other people you’d like to video chat with over the holidays? Facebook Messenger can help you out, with up to six people streamed simultaneously, and up to 50 in a carousel-style display.
- Remember the good old days when digital experience meant only an html webpage? Scott Brinker explains how digital proliferation — from chatbots to augmented reality to wearables — transforms the role of marketing to embrace digital everything, and provides three specific recommendations.
- User experience is too often tackled department by department in the enterprise. This article provides a framework and concrete steps for crafting an enterprise-wide UX strategy.
- I didn’t use voice as a dominant interface much until someone gave me an Alexa. Now it seems obvious that voice is the next big platform, and that Alexa will own it. See also this Alexa shout-out in the best interfaces of 2016.
- The New Year brings new resolutions for many of us. If you are looking to pare down in 2017, delete these 12 apps to minimize distraction and spending.
Have a wonderful holiday. Friday 5 will be back from vacation on Friday, January 7.
Consumed: Shishito peppers for days at the Mermaid Oyster Bar [pdf menu].
Every Friday, find five, highly subjective pointers to compelling technologies, emerging trends, and interesting ideas that affect how we live and work digitally. Sign up for a weekly email.