- Gmail just got way faster (and prettier) on your iPhone with their new app release. Download for features like the critical undo send, a better swiping experience, and spell-corrected search.
- A great push notification is three things: timely, personal, and actionable. Apps are competing for our attention, and push notifications are a means to a touchpoint even outside time in-app. Read these best practices for savvy push notifications, including how to measure their performance.
- Here’s a case for ignoring the fold and embracing the scroll in email marketing. There are some good tips, like using the pre-header text to tease an item farther down in the message.
- In a world of mobile messaging, chatbots provide a way to engage at scale. Invision summarizes smart principles and tactics to consider in their ultimate guide to chatbots.
- What is the role of marketing in digital business transformation? According to Scott Brinker, the CMO is most likely to be responsible for the oversight of digital business transformation (26%), followed by the CEO (22%), and then the CIO/CTO (13%). Read the overview, or download the full report [PDF].
Weekend fun: Snap has started delivering Spectacles via … vending machine?
Every Friday, find five, highly subjective pointers to compelling technologies, emerging trends, and interesting ideas that affect how we live and work digitally. Sign up for a weekly email.