- The microcopy in a user interface — the words that go on the buttons, appear in error messages, and guide you through wizards — is too often neglected or left for the developer to fill in. Nick Babich provides guidance on effective writing for your user interface.
- No more shopping for snake oil: the best search engine optimization comes from investing in great content and framing SEO as an acquisition tool. Read more SEO tips.
- Anyone trying to build an audience for a brand, product, or publication has experienced The Marketer’s Dilemma. We have more options to reach a target audience than ever before, but it’s never been more difficult to earn the attention and engagement. (My related read this weekend: The Content Trap)
- Want to alienate a large and growing audience? Here’s how to poison the mobile user. The not-tappable phone numbers drive me insane.
- You may not be cool enough for the unmarked speakeasy or the bodega that is actually a front for sneakerheads — but you can master the secret Giphy commands for Slack.
Every Friday, find five, highly subjective pointers to compelling technologies, emerging trends, and interesting ideas that affect how we live and work digitally. Sign up for a weekly email.
Last modified: October 27, 2016