- I hope you spent a good bit of summer staring at the sun-soaked scenery rather than a screen. Product Hunt can catch you up on what you’ve missed, with the 44 most loved products of the summer. Try Duolingo Tinycards for learning made fun, Snappa for crafting great graphics easily, or Great Apps Timeline for a nostalgic look at popular apps’ visual evolution.
- Mobile-first design is not mobile-only, according to a study from Nielsen Norman Group. Designing solely for mobile can result in reduced utility of desktop navigation.
- To gain adoption, digital experiences must be friction-free — just make it easy. KissMetrics offers tips on what easy should look like when you scan, interact with, load, share, and monetize digital products.
- Here’s everything you ever wanted to know about Facebook privacy settings in one long infographic.
- If you design digital products for users under 25, there’s lots of breathless, anecdata-laden commentary to wade through. Read these two solid exceptions: the social media lives of teens in Like. Flirt. Ghost., and this comprehensive look at the motivations and behaviors of frugal, brand-wary Generation Z.
Weekend fun: Facebook celebrated #StarTrek50 with a profile photo swap and custom reactions. Naturally, NASA got in on the action along with the International Space Station and, inexplicably, Orville Redenbacher.
Every Friday, find five, highly subjective pointers to compelling technologies, emerging trends, and interesting ideas that affect how we live and work digitally. Try out the Friday 5 archive, or sign up for a weekly email.
Last modified: September 8, 2016