- Snapchat aims to become a force in mobile news with this week’s launch of Snapchat Discover. Here are some tips on how to use it.
- If you’re like 82% of people, you have forgotten a password for a website. Luke Wroblewski has a thoughtful piece on password masking, security, and our one-touch future. Because we’re not getting any smarter about passwords.
- GIFs are everywhere you look these days, as a recent investment in Giphy, a two-year old GIF search engine, confirms. Imgur has launched a useful new way to make your own (desktop only).
- Making the move from individual contributor to engineering manager, is not for everyone. Noah Brier shares his thoughts on the need for pragmatism, balancing systems/scale, and a more general point on clarity of assignment.
- Think we should be taking videogames seriously? Don’t miss the astonishing growth in Twitch’s year end roundup or Steam’s announced $50M in earnings for in-game hats and maps. Pick and shovel plays galore as industries build up around videogames’ burgeoning culture and revenue.
Weekend fun: Not your average armchair quarterbacks, Harvard Business School professors suit up, kind of, to discuss the Super Bowl. Whether you’re a Seahawks or Pats fan, tune in at 2pm today for a Super Bowl-themed #HBXChat.
Last modified: January 30, 2015